Meyerhoff by the Numbers
Since 1993, the program has graduated over 1400 students. As of April 2023, the program has achieved the following results:
- Alumni from the program have earned 415 Ph.D.s, which includes 74 M.D./Ph.D.s, 1 DDS/Ph.D., and 1 D.V.M./Ph.D. Our graduates have also earned over 155 M.D. or D.O. degrees, as well as over 320 master’s degrees, primarily in engineering, and computer science and related areas. Meyerhoff graduates have received these degrees from such institutions as Harvard, Stanford, Duke, M.I.T., Berkeley, University of Michigan, Yale, Georgia Tech, Johns Hopkins, Carnegie Mellon, Rice, University of Pittsburgh, NYU, and the University of Maryland.
- 71 alumni currently hold faculty appointments at universities like Duke University, University of Michigan, Stanford University, Johns Hopkins University, and the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- Over 200 alumni are currently enrolled in graduate and professional degree programs.
- An additional 245 students are currently enrolled in the program for the 2022-2023 academic year, of whom 69% are from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups and 31% are from non-underrepresented racial and ethnic groups.
- The program is having a dramatically positive impact on the number of minority students succeeding in STEM fields; students were 5.3 times more likely to have graduated from or be currently attending a STEM Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D. program than those students who were invited to join the program but declined and attended another university.