There is an oft-quoted statement among Meyerhoff family members, “To whom much is given, much is expected.” In fact, one of the program’s selection criteria is a proven commitment to community service. Many Meyerhoff Scholars arrive on campus possessing a well-developed sense of civic responsibility, while others find a love of volunteerism through the program’s requirement to engage in at least one community service activity each year. Regardless, all leave the program with a strong desire to reach out and connect with the larger community.
There are many ways for alumni and other friends to give back to the Meyerhoff Scholars Program, including mentoring current students, networking with soon-to-be graduates, sponsoring an internship, or speaking at a departmental seminar.
- Please enter your information on the first page
- On the second page, under “Designation” please choose “Other- please designate below”
- Under “Other Designation” please type in one of the choices below:
- Meyerhoff Operating Fund Your gift to this fund provides valuable resources to support the countless programmatic elements that make the Meyerhoff experience unique and successful – including Summer Bridge, travel stipends to research conferences, graduate school visits, and much more.
- Robert and Jane Meyerhoff Foundation Scholarship Endowment Fund A generous contribution to the Robert and Jane Meyerhoff endowment helps further Mr. Meyerhoff’s legacy by increasing the number of scholarships offered to academically talented students who intend to pursue doctoral study in STEM and who have demonstrated a commitment to the advancement of minorities in the sciences and related fields.
- Lamont Toliver Endowment Fund This fund is set up to provide scholarship support for incoming or current Meyerhoff students in honor of Mr. LaMont Toliver, former Assistant Dean of Undergraduate Education and Director of the Meyerhoff Scholars Program, and to provide operational program support.
- Meyerhoff Summer Bridge Endowment Fund A contribution to this fund supports expenses to run and enhance the Meyerhoff pre-college Summer Bridge Program.
For questions about giving or establishing an endowment to the Meyerhoff Scholars Program, please contact Alex Ganzermiller, Development Officer, at 410-455-2136 or firstname.lastname@example.org.