The Meyerhoff Alumni Advisory Board (MAAB) first convened in July 2007 as part of the effort to encourage alumni involvement in the 20th Anniversary Research Symposium+Celebration. During the planning meetings associated with the anniversary, alumni expressed interest in creating an organization that would be officially connected to the Meyerhoff Scholars Program and UMBC as a whole. This organization would be self-sustaining and governing, its members would serve as a resource for current students, would operate in tandem with the Alumni Relations Staff and Meyerhoff Scholars Program staff, and serve the Meyerhoff alumni as a whole.
In September 2009, the UMBC Alumni Association officially recognized the Chapter of Meyerhoff Alumni and its governing board, the Meyerhoff Alumni Advisory Board.
The ongoing purpose of this alumni organization is to:
- Promote a relationship among the University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC), the Meyerhoff Scholars Program in particular, and its alumni, parents, students, and friends
- Act as an extension of the University community; to enhance a sense of community, and to recognize the commitment and contributions of the Meyerhoff Scholars Program Alumni
- Encourage career development networks
- Serve as a resource for students and faculty
- Encourage communication between alumni and students through social and cultural activities with the purpose of extending the learning experience
Jason Grant (M17), President
OrLando Yarborough III (M11), Vice-President
Erwin Cabrera (M18), President Emeritus
Sandra Uter (M8) Communications Committee Chair
Joseph Washington (M4), M1-M4 Cohort Group Representative
UMBC Staff Contact
Director, Alumni Engagement